Automobile Insurers Fail to Pay All Damages Suffered When the Vehicle Covered Is a "Total Loss"

For people who pay for “collision” and “comprehensive” insurance coverage on their vehicles, they can expect to receive complete property damage coverage on their vehicle when there is “Total Loss” after an accident. Regardless of the language used in the policy, insured should expect to receive replacement value for the loss, which should include all costs to replace the vehicle, minus a deductible. Insurance companies universally pay the value of the depreciated vehicle. However, more often than not, they do not pay for other mandatory expenses incurred as a result of replacing a vehicle, including all taxes, tags, title and other purchase-related costs.

The failure to pay taxes, title and tag transfer fees to insureds pursuant to the policy language is a breach of the policy.

Golomb Legalis currently reviewing claims from auto insurance policyholders who have suffered a Total Loss of their vehicle to see if insurance carriers have accurately paid for this coverage. If you are a policyholder that has suffered a Total Loss of their vehicle, regardless of the reason for the accident or loss, request an evaluation today! We are evaluating coverage letters from all auto insurance carriers that write policies in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Please contact our Philadelphia class action lawyers at Golomb Legal today at 1-800-355-3300 or 1-215-985-9177 or fill out our confidential Contact Form for your free consultation. Our consumer class action attorneys welcome clients from the greater Philadelphia area, throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and nationwide